IDF Members’ and Partners’ Events
Come and join the in-person London Climate Action Week Resilience and Adaptation Summit, organised by the Insurance Development Forum and E3G, and hosted by Howden, for London Climate Action Week 2023.
Hear from leading experts and join the debate on how the power of the London re/insurance market, combined with the strengths of the global resilience community, can act as a powerful force in driving resilience and adaptation action and contribute to the London Climate Hub.
Drawing on advances in modelling climate risks with the latest trends in financial disclosure, resilience investment, humanitarian response, disaster risk financing, nature-based solutions and loss and damage, this event will help attendees connect to the rapid mainstreaming of risk and resilience across public and private sectors.
- Ekhosuehi Iyahen, Secretary General, Insurance Development Forum
- Nick Mabey, Co-CEO, E3G
- Her Highness Sheikha Shamma bint Sultan bin Khalifa Al Nahyan, President & CEO of UAE Independent Climate Change Accelerators
- Nate Matthews, CEO, Global Resilience Partnership
- Dr Nicola Ranger, Co-Chair, Global Resilience Index Initiative & University of Oxford
- Nigel Brook, Partner, Resilience & Climate Change, Clyde & Co.
- Sudeshna Raychaudhuri, Senior Specialist Climate Adaptation and Resilience PRI & Member Transition Plan Task Force Adaptation Working Group
- Prof. Saleemul Huq, Director, International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD)
- Rowan Douglas,Chair – Operating Committee, Insurance Development Forum
- Rebekah Clement, Sustainability Director, Lloyd’s of London
- Dr Ana Gonzalez Pelaez, Fellow, Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership, University of Cambridge
- Kipkorir Koskei, Director of Strategic Partnerships and Policy, Insurance Development Forum
- Chip Cunliffe, Programme and Risk Director, Ocean Risk and Resilience Action Alliance
- David Howden, CEO, Howden Group
- Emma Howard Boyd CBE, Chair, Green Finance Institute and London Climate Resilience Review and former Chair, Environment Agency & Member Global Commission on Climate Adaptation
15:30-16:00 Arrival and registration
16:00-16:15 Introductory remarks
16:15-16:30 Opening keynote
16:30-17:15 Panel 1: How to integrate climate adaptation and resilience into mainstream finance and policy
17:15-18:00 Panel 2: Accelerating risk sharing and insurance for climate resilience and nature based solutions
18:00-18:25 Fireside chat: Towards a climate resilient future
18:25-18:30 Closing remarks
18:30 Drinks reception
Address: Howden Group Office, One Creechurch Place, London, EC3A 5AY
29 Jun 2023